Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Morning Meds, Day 13


Day 13
Winter's Been Hard on Us


On my Sat. morning run, it was easy to see the effect this winter had on my beloved forest preserve. The trees looked beat up, and the ground was strewn with debris. The pretty weather could not cover up the reminders of a long difficult winter. 
Do you know someone experiencing winter in their heart? I've been thinking about my community, single parents and the formerly married. I've been thinking about how life takes from us, more than we thought we had to give, and how it often leaves us barren and broken like those trees. 
And I've been wondering what I can give to them. On the one year anniversary of my divorce, as I experience springtime in my businesses and my heart, I know it's because I planted seeds of faith despite the cold winds of fear that blew. I fought for me and my family. I guess I now want to fight for them too. 
I'm conducting market research to find out exactly what my community needs. How can they use a coaches services? Counselors can help them reconcile their past, but what do they need to move forward and away from winter? If you know someone who's not thriving in their single parenthood or is burdened by the scars of their divorce, please refer them to me for this free 30 min conversation. Even if it doesn't help them, it may help someone else. 
Pass on my email or phone number with my gratitude. And may we all appreciate the warmer weather a little more this year than ever. We're all survivors of a sort. ..now it's time to thrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment