Friday, April 25, 2014

Morning Meds, Day 15

Morning Meds, Day 15
Sweet Nothings

There is a song no ear can hear, a melody in the silence…

Music is a near constant in my house. I never thought of the benefits to us until I read a study that talked about the importance of having living things in the home, that it was very good for us as breathing, changing organisms to have that represented in our homes through plants, candles, fountains and/or music.
Music is indeed alive and sets an atmosphere.  So much so that every once in awhile I can’t listen to anymore, not even instrumental.  Sometimes my spirit is whispering so quietly that I have to tune everything else out, with a fast, with a music break.
This week has been marked as a time of stillness for me and I’m taking the time to reflect and know God more intimately. Just like we’ll often take a journey which makes us appreciate our home a little more somehow. Sometimes we must play the opposite for our definition to emerge.

This is my first time embracing this season because I enjoy dancing and singing so much, but how else is change to occur if I don’t step outside of this comfort zone for a time? And sharing it with you with the possibility of encouraging you makes this song of silence even sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment