Saturday, October 11, 2014

What I learned from Temple Grandin and Donnie

Morning Meds 2.8

I recently watched one of my she-roes on Ted Talks. Temple Grandin, the most famous person with autism to write or teach, gave a speech, which of course showed her imminent brilliance. I was only a little disappointed because since my son Christian joined the speech team I thought it would be fun to have him do one of her speeches for competition. Alas, her speeches are quite episodic and she doesn't stay on one theme which is the convention. And heck, I'm glad she's unconventional... that suits her fine. 

One of her topics was about how visual minds like hers were comparable to the animal brain. She said, think of how a dog sniffs a tree, and gets all that good information just from that…  what dogs have been there, how long ago, etc. 
So of course, every time my dog Donnie sniffs a tree I'm so intrigued. I've been watching his instincts as I've been following my own lately. 

So there's something about instinct that I hadn't been told, but am definitely learning now, instinct within us as humans often needs to be freed to work. There is something, often different for each of us that hold our instincts hostage. We need to identify that to be free and make more decisions inline with what God has created us to do.

One of the ways we can do that (she said innocently) is with a life coach! I'm excited to be rolling out a new program, and if you know any entrepreneur with a network marketing or other kind of business who's struggling, please pass this along. I'm ignoring the traditions and following my instincts on this one, so I think I'll be a good role model for those who need support :)

No comments:

Post a Comment