Friday, October 17, 2014

What You Mean To Me

Morning Meds 2.9

This is to my mentor, who shall remain nameless. She strikes me as pretty humble, so I won't embarrass her. On our last phone call I promised I would explain to her why she means what she does to me. Enjoy my open letter to a phenomenal woman.

You want me to love you for the wise words you say, you want to replicate for me what your mentor gave you. What you are giving me now is the woman she helped to develop.

You appreciate my strengths, which is not an easy thing. One of my signature strengths is wisdom and um, I think I'm twice your age (give or take). So no, I don't need your wisdom as it is traditionally thought of, but knowing when not to speak is probably harder.

Knowing who you are is cool and everyone celebrates that, but knowing who you're not is what makes room for you in this world. You listen to me quietly enough that I can hear myself with enough refraction from your light that I see more clearly.

Indispensable
Formidable
Capturer of the heart of God. 

Thank you for being my friend and yes, a mentor to me.

Felicity
                   Starting in 2 Weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment