Saturday, October 10, 2015

Fail Bigger

Morning Meds 4.14

Fail Bigger



My dad said something particularly motivating to me at the end of last year. In fact, I hope to one day be as inspiring to my children as my dad has been to me. He said to me, "Next year, I want to see you fail bigger."
Wow! What a gift to tell your child. Instead of saying that he wanted me to try harder, which would make me think I'm not trying enough. Or to say that he wanted to see me achieve something great, which puts the fear of failure right there. He said fail bigger. I had to stop and think about that. What does that mean? And what does that mean for me in 2015?
What that means for me this year is that I am putting on my first conference next Saturday. And I'm so excited! First of all I'm working with the best business partner I've ever had, Alison Henderson. I am so proud of the work that we put into this and the difference we're making in people's lives because of it. And so far we are getting tremendous feedback about our message and what we are bringing to the network marketing industry. So, so far, no failure!
What is looming before us is the goal we set of the number of tickets sales. I definitely set myself up for failure. But I'm not giving up yet! And whether we have 100 people in the room next Saturday, because of my dad, I know that if I fail I'll win and if I win I know he'll be no less proud of me.
And I bet he wouldn't mind if these words inspired you to plan a big huge failure for the rest of your year or maybe for 2016.
Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment