Friday, April 22, 2016

What's Eating You?

Morning Meds 5.2
What's Eating You? 
Recently I've been more committed to healthy eating than ever before. I notice the effect on my body and mental state. I've also been practicing some mindful eating strategies. One of them is listening to myself chew. It slows me down and somehow lets me know when I'm full. The interesting thing about slowing down when I eat, make food choices and grocery shop, is being able to hear all the mind games that go on surrounding these things. Hearing all the lies and unhelpful thoughts really underscores that it's all "in your head." I'm thankful to be more in alignment with what will ultimately help me feel better and that I'm not only feeding my body better, but I'm cutting out the "junk food" my brain was consuming as well.
*Check out my friend that inspired me to slow down in all things food related. 

Felicity Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment