Thursday, September 29, 2016

Happy Belated Independence Day

Morning Meds 5.11
I was awakened at 3am this morning, I thought to pray, but instead I was led in patriotic songs. "God Bless America," into "Proud to be an American," into "The Star Spangled Banner," and again and again and again. Then I learned all the words to Lee Greenwood's famous song (which I've yet to make it through without crying), and I repented for years of not being proud to be an American. 
I was then given the outline to a speech that I plan on giving throughout schools to help students take their place in Civil Rights history and create an atmosphere of self-determination against all odds.

Because America is an idea, and the idea is this: you can exchange who you were for who you were created to be. And many have come to this country and done just that, and just as many have been born here and have missed the opportunity. 
So it's time to be an American. And if you want to make America great again then you must be great. Period.
 
Dr. Felicity Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment