Thursday, September 29, 2016

Obama's America

Morning Meds 5.16

Dr. Felicity Joy
WARNING ***This is not a political message.*** In fact, you would probably be disappointed if you knew who I voted for the last couple of elections...so we’re just not going there. But you’d have to be blind not to see the changes in America the last 8 years. And no matter if you’re shaking your head or shouting HOORAH, there’s an inspiring way to look at these changes that have to do with my life’s mission.
I discovered about myself, throughout the variety that is the only constant in my career landscape, a life coach/community organizer/drama teacher/singer/actor/dancer (oh my!) that one thing that binds them all together is my commitment to the underdog. If you are truly disenfranchised or just see yourself that way, I’m the one who is committed to bringing the JOY back into your life (pun fully intended).
My message is always one of empowerment; just like Obama said, “Yes YOU can!” And under his presidency the disenfranchised have found a voice. Taboo things and things thought to be wrong are now commonly accepted. And the reason I’ve come to recognize the beauty in this is because it lies at the heart of what made me a coach. I’ve been laughed at, belittled, abused and oppressed and quite frankly, it’s made me the warrior-princess that I am.
We have a choice of what hardships will do to us. I cringe when people say, “Awww what a shame that had to happen.” Every experience is an opportunity to transform! I want to be that catalyst and I’m calling heart-centered people to utilize their compassion, their strengths and communication skills to create opportunities instead of “feel sorry for” people. What difference can one person make? What difference can one small business owner make?
Let’s find out! Adopt the mantra “Yes I can” and turn your world upside down! How you say? Well, as a coach I'm fundamentally committed to staying out of people's hows. Because how doesn't matter as much as you committing to the bottom line of what you want to see changed.
Don't be afraid to dream of a better society.  Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King is not the only one who can have a dream!  Then commit to the dream, not to the worry that says how-will-that-ever-happen. But you must make a plan of what you will do next.  It's like putting the destination in the GPS. Then just let the little lady called “life” direct you to the open doors that will lead you to your goal!
The world needs more people that will commit to being the fulfilment of Dr. King’s dream just as Barack Obama represents; as well as people that will expand that dream with their own vision of a better America and a better life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment