Thursday, September 29, 2016

Rising To The Occasion

Morning Meds Day 5.15

 

Today will be another Coach’s Coaches reflection as I’ve had two incredible sessions with two different coaches this week. First was with the coach I’ve hired Marianne Renner who is a phenomenal new coach whose business is just exploding and rightfully so. With her I’m working on maintaining work-life balance with my exploding business and she is getting to figure it out two steps ahead of me which is perfect because she’s crazy sympathetic.
 
She gave me a phenomenal book recommendation, The Power of Full Engagement. It’s about managing energy and not time. That’s precisely what I’m figuring out without really knowing too much about it. I love learning more so I can be intentional in what I’m doing. And as I learn more I will be sharing it with you.
 
My second awesome friend is someone I just met on the day I REALLY needed to meet her. I was freaking out about the largest speech I’ve ever had to give coming up and I just couldn’t ground myself. She helped me to see that I’m in a place of needing to rise to this occasion and go to the next level but I have to pass through my present insecurity to get there. She masterfully guided me through the yuck to get to the clearing. My task at this big speaking engagement is not to emulate my greatest hero, but to bring hope to the hopeless which I’ve done a thousand times on an individual and group level, so I can totally do it with a huge group just as well. Many thanks Laurie Polinski!
 
David from the Bible said, “I’ve killed the lion, and I’ve killed the bear, and I will now take off the head of this uncircumcised Philistine!” And I also will not let communities be riddled by fear just as I won’t let my clients be consumed either.
 
Thank you awesome coaches and awesome you for letting me share my journey with you! And if you can join me in Lockport I would so enjoy your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment