Thursday, March 20, 2014

Morning Meds, Day 10

Morning Meds—Born for This

Day 10

This weekend my relationship with my 11 year old daughter got a needed boost.  She and I work so hard on our relationship in counseling sessions that have been incredibly helpful. This weekend, however, I made a quantum leap in my appreciation for my daughter and how fearfully and wonderfully made she is.

I never would have expected this of a beauty pageant. Before this weekend I wasn’t even sure how I felt about them. Now I see them as a celebration of feminine beauty and the volunteer spirit that women so bountifully nurture in the world. I also see it as the place where I saw Michaela truly thrive. I’ve never seen her so naturally good at anything. She’s a good actor, enthusiastic singer, quite awesome dancer and even choreographer. But there’s no comparison to how good she was on that stage this weekend.

I saw her be industrious, completely committed, humble, a good friend and a great sport when she lost. She even agreed with the judge’s choice of a winner. Many of these qualities are things I don’t get to see from my daughter a lot, but in the right soil, this seed grew with Miracle Grow.

So I’m proud and I’m in awe. In the same year that Christian fully claimed his love of acting (and was actually interviewed this week about it in a local paper), and the same year that I found my love of life coaching (We were actually interviewed at the same time!) Michaela too finds her perfect match.

I think one of the best things about knowing what you were born for, is it even makes your weaknesses look like strengths. There’s a reason to appreciate yourself. We work towards balancing our weaknesses, but there’s a place where they are so unnecessary, and that’s why you were given them in small measure. Be proud of who you are, in awe of who God made you, and scared of me hitting you up for Michaela’s next sponsored competition! (You saw me coming, right? J)

No comments:

Post a Comment