Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Morning Meds, Day 8

Morning Meds, Day 8
The Middle of a Miracle

A dear friend asked me a very important question over the summer, “What is it that you’re really expecting from Christian?”
Wow, right between the kisser! Why, you ask? Because I had gotten lazy in my expectation. I was beat down from every manifestation that this diagnosis of Autism was bringing. More crazy outbursts, more teenage hormones with a monster-like twist, more withdrawal from society, more isolation in the home, more claiming to want friends and never talking to any. I was getting beat down when I said I would keep my expectations high.
And now. What can I say? I’m in the middle of a miracle I didn’t deserve. I was just listening to The Script’s song today, “When a heart breaks, it don’t breakeven.” I repented and God of course has the bigger part of my heart and he’s gracing our family to watch Christian become free of autism one step at a time.
Of course I have no idea how far this will go. I just know my son and I agreed to politely disagree with his teacher that told him he’ll live in assisted living the rest of his life. I told him if he can prove he has the skills to live on his own he’ll live on his own one day…and that is his desire. The first profession he ever listed he wanted to have was that of Father. And if that’s what he wants, I believe that’s what he’ll have.
The miracle is born of science, but it is a miracle still. A miracle I ever found out about this product and a miracle that I can help spread the word to others. If I haven’t called you yet about it, forgive me…I don’t mind you beating me to the punch. You’re on my short list to testify to. I have much work to do to catch up to what God is doing.
And if you’re not sick of me yet (please pace yourself…I’m just getting started!) I’ll be doing a tour of sorts in Google Hangouts, starting this Wed. at 3pm Central Time on WOAMTEC live, a national women’s networking group. I’m not sure what I’ll be talking about, but I hope I get to mention my miracle…if not I know you’ll see it beaming off my face.  Just click below on Wed. to watch…or look for it on YouTube if you can’t make it at that time.
Just remember when it happens to you…the phrase “Delay is not denial” will no longer be a cliché.


March 5 Broadcast with Ta-Tanisha on WOAMTEC Live!

No comments:

Post a Comment