Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Morning Meds, Day 11

Morning Meds, Day 11

OF ELEVATOR SPEECHES & INSPIRATION


Back in the elevator I stand
Empty words and open hand
Hoping to receive a revelation
On how to start this conversation
How to express the thing I do
That it might reach out to you
And connect to the need you
Don't know you have

But 30 seconds isn't enough time to apologize if I make you sad
So instead of a human do
May you find a human be(e)
Too heavy to fly but hoping to meet you in the air
Ending with a handshake or a blank stare

“I'm Felicity and I inspire people who are frustrated to think more clearly so they can achieve their goals.”

I was challenged the other day to encapsulate what I do into a short phrase. The word inspiration came out and with the structure I was given…that is what I said.*

It's fun to know what you're about. Some of my favorite exercises have been around this thought. In a women's Bible study I was a part of we were asked to choose one word to describe us. I chose free.

Mike Murdock said, “Your greatest legacy would be to have your name associated with one word.”
Mike Murdock – Wisdom
Oral Roberts - Healing
Billy Graham - Souls
Felicity - Inspiration

What word do you hope to leave the world? I'd love to hear it (and let me know if I can post it so the world can know what they're in for :-) )

*Shout out to Yvonne Chihak of http://mogulmomacademy.com/ and the Grow Your Tribe challenge! 

2 comments:

  1. Felicity, this blog is awesome! You have a way with words. My word to leave the world with is "Legacy" It may change, but that's what I feel like this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OKAY -- let's see "relief" I want to, through either my work or my classes, allow my clients to experience some relief from entrepreneurial overwhelm.

    ReplyDelete