Friday, March 14, 2014

Morning Meds, Day 9

Morning Meds, Day 9

Different,Yet the Same

So I had to ask Christian, “Do you feel any different, I mean since you’ve been taking the Protandim? (“You know, since you haven’t been stomping around here and screaming like a madman? But I didn’t say that part.”) And, in true teenage form he looked at me like I’d grown a second head and said “Nooo.”

I didn’t understand so well until Monday night when I had a huge revelation and a change on the inside of my own. Something I’ve been struggling with forever and I finally gave up thinking I wasn’t achieving for a lack of effort. I’d given PLENTY of effort, but I was bankrupt and giving 100% of nothing doesn’t yield much progress.

After admitting that a month or two ago, God was finally able to do something with me…pretty strong and powerful, aligning my desires with His, making His command seem like my idea! He’s amazing that way…something I’ve struggled with for so long will never be a problem again. Only God.

When He wins me over this way I swear I’ll never go back, back to pleasing people on the outside but being disconnected on the inside. I don’t care if I look a mess, if I truly am a mess then that’s the important thing to change.

And that’s why I admire my son, if he’s a mess you’ll know it. He’s not afraid to be the same on the inside and out. He doesn’t always know how to improve something, but he’ll let you know when something needs improvement.

If you were to ask me, I’d have to say I don’t feel any differently either. I’ve always felt whole and right, but now I am more whole and more right. I’m happier, but I’m also the same because my rightness doesn’t come from me, but from the Son of God (the real one, not the movie one :-)

Felicity
Copyright © 2014 Savvy Services, All rights reserved. 

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes they don't notice the changes, especially if the changes are gradual. But that doesn't mean the changes aren't there. (If you ever want a long story about my daughter and changes we'll get together over a nice long glass of wine).

    If his behavior and mood have improved YAY!!! (And I don't think there's any drug or supplement or food or nutrition or behavior plan that will completely eliminate the teen attitude -- but if we could find it we'd be billionaires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How come blogger doesn't notify me when I have a comment...come on! You're Google for goodness sakes!!! Anyway, just saw this, thank you! On the lookout for our first billion dollar idea!

      Delete