Monday, February 15, 2016

Believe

Morning Meds 4.25
 
Hey ya’ll! I've got my first guest blogger! I'm so excited! Not only is she a great friend and faithful worshipper at my church, but she's also the one who makes my blog look pretty and professional each week. Would love to hear about your 2016 word...but first...do you Believe?
 
Believe by Tina Tate
 
My word for 2016 is BELIEVE!  

Believe as defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary as accepting something as true, genuine, or real; to have a firm conviction as to the goodness, efficacy, or ability of something.

I, as many, see the New Year approaching and make a list of resolutions.  Did you know that statistics report that only 8% of people who make resolutions achieve them?  It was news to me so I asked "why"?  Why don't we achieve those resolutions?

I wholeheartedly include myself in the group that does not make it to the finish line.  I chalk it up to not being organized, not being prepared, work schedules, kid's schedules, etc.  But if I am really honest with myself, the reason that I don't achieve these resolutions is belief. Even though in January, I'm pumped up, enthusiastic and running out the gate like gangbusters...I found that my lack of belief overtakes my enthusiasm and leaves those resolutions in the dust.

So in 2016 I'm trying a new approach, before I write my resolutions, before I get hyped up. I'm going to spend some time believing, by accepting that I am going to reach each and every resolution I make. As I believe I will gain the conviction in my ability to reach them. By believing that I am fully equipped to handle any obstacles, setbacks, and get back on track until I reach the finish line.

Then I'm going to go a step further.  Once I'm set in my belief, I'm going to make these resolutions a way of life.  If what I'm trying to achieve is good for me, good for my body, good for my way of life, why would I incorporate them for only a period of time.
As you start the New Year, I challenge you to dare to BELIEVE, that you will do this year what you have resolved to do. And when you have obstacles and setbacks you'll get back on track, reach the finish line and create the lifestyle that you desire.

All Things Are Possible If We Believe!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment