Monday, February 15, 2016

Coach, Encourage Thyself!

Morning Meds 4.26
 
It happens to the best of us...David in the Bible, veritable king of the good attitude when Saul was trying to kill him, found himself discouraged when his men and their families took a huge hit during a battle.
 
I can relate. Recently my life has done a bit of a cannonball into the sea of life, but the part that got me most upset was the possibility and reality of disappointing others that I care about.
 
I also heard that it's possible that Paul’s (also from the Bible) thorn in the flesh was actually worry about the church. It's always those darn “other people” that get us off course right?
 
Probably not, because if “they” get their act together, someone else will lose it to make up for it. No, the answer is with us and one of my favorite scriptures, “And David encouraged himself in the Lord.” 1 Samuel 30:6
 
So I've become my most important client these days. I'm paying myself and everything! Just kidding...but the reward is not just a better attitude, but stronger faith for facing these challenges and learning from them.

Felicity

                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment