Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Breaking My Stride -- Safety Edition

Morning Meds 4.7

Breaking My Stride -- Safety Edition
Maybe I just needed a faster dog.
Well, a lot has happened since last week. First of all I've fallen in love with the born to run movement. It is a brilliant Ted Talk that introduced the world to one of the newest oldest ideas (see video).
As I did my research I received some wisdom that I was probably teaching myself to over-stride last week. (I would post the link, but I don't want you learning bad habits!) So before the new knee pain I was feeling got worse, I went back to my ordinary stride...but guess what? I'm still running WAY faster. I wish I'd ever clocked it, but my heart's beating and my ability to catch up with Roscoe bear witness.
The only physical explanation for this is just pushing myself more since I saw myself do it last week, and something about me mowing my center of gravity. I'm defintely able to do more than I can explain. And it feels awesome!
The point is my friends, yes you can! You can do it! You can do it safely! And you can reach your goals sustainably. And you can encourage the next runner beside you at the same time! (See the video for more on that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment