Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Fighting Fair

Morning Meds 4.2
Fighting Fair

I was planning on doing Part 3 of Surprised by Love, but that will have to wait. I was surprised myself by a fight I got engaged in WITH MYSELF. So how do you fight fair with yourself?
1. Don't blame it on someone else! Most people don't know they're fighting with themselves when another person is involved, but if you have mixed feelings in the relationship, you first have to resolve your internal conflict.
2. Respect the shadow and the light. Listen to both sides of how you feel and truly determine where you're going to land on this issue. When we suppress and don't acknowledge how we feel, it never goes away, and we take it out on others.
3. Honor your special needs. Now's not the time for "shoulds." What do you really need to get through this? Not stuff it down or not deal with it, but deal with it. Have the hard conversations, be vulnerable, be alone.  Take care of you.
These are my rules for fighting with myself. Feel free to use them until you come up with yours, because you don't have to put up with internal conflict indefinitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment